Sunless Tanning at Country Perfection Beauty Salon in East Garston, Berkshire
A stunning golden tan can be a real confidence booster as it gives you a healthy glow without the risks associated with using sunbeds or hours of lying in the sun.
At Country Perfection Beauty Salon we can create a beautiful and natural-looking tan using the luxurious St Tropez and Sienna X tanning lotions. These fantastic products contain the highest quality ingredients which suit every skin type and skin tone.
Your tan will develop into a beautiful even colour over the next six to eight hours and will last for up to a week, with proper care. We promise you will not end up with a streaky, orange tan!
The Best Spray Tan Services In Your Area
Whether you are looking for a spray tan for a special occasion, or just want a healthy year round glow, your Country Perfection tanning expert will help you to choose the best tanning product for your skin tone and occasion.
Spray Tanning – Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of questions raised by sunless tanning, and it is important to get all of the information so that you can make the best choices to keep your tan looking flawless for longer. Our spray tanning experts answer some of these common questions below.
How Do I Prepare For My Spray Tan Service at Country Perfection Beauty Salon?
- Wax at least 48 hours, or shave at least 24 hours, prior to your spray tan to ensure that you do not get the dotting effect caused by open pores!
- Exfoliate before treatment using a body scrub to scrub away dead skin cells and get your skin in its best condition for your spray tan service.
- Apply moisturiser the night before your spray tan treatment to ensure your skin is smooth and prepared to take the tan evenly, remembering to pay attention to those stubborn areas such as elbows, knees, hands and ankles.
- We recommend that you use oil free moisturising products, as they will not leave an oil barrier on your skin.
What Should I Do On The Day of My Spray Tan?
- Avoid bath or shower gels that contain oils or moisturisers.
- Try to leave at least 30 minutes between showering and your spray tan appointment.
- Ensure that you have removed any deodorant, moisturisers, perfume, make-up and jewellery prior to your spray tan.
- Avoid wearing white or your best underwear as these will be stained by the spray tan. Your Country Perfection beauty therapist can provide disposable underwear if you prefer.
What Should I Do After My Spray Tan?
- Wear dark coloured, loose clothing and remember your flip flops!
- Avoid wearing a bra as the straps can rub and mark the tan.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your tan to prevent smudges or streaking.
- Avoid excessive exercise as this will cause you to sweat, which will affect the result of the tan.
- Do not apply any moisturisers; make up, perfume or deodorants until you have showered after your Spray Tan treatment.
- Wait at least 6 hours before you shower and use a mild shower gel, no scrubs! Pat yourself dry to avoid smudging the tan.
- Wait 7 days before exfoliating to ensure a smooth looking tan.
- Always remember to use an oil-free moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated. The softer and more hydrated your skin, the longer your flawless tan will last
- Make sure you sleep on dark coloured bedsheets as your spray tan may leave marks.
- Avoid hair removal creams as they use exfoliation and will shorten the life of your spray tan.
- Avoid a long soak in the bath, as this will also shorten the life of your spray tan.
How Does Sunless Tanning Work?
Spray tanning is quick, safe and effective. Spray tanning uses an active ingredient called dihydroxyacetone or DHA to enhance the colour of your skin. DHA is a colourless sugar-based product which interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to turn it a golden-brown colour. This is achieved by the technician using a low-pressure spraying machine. The solution that is sprayed onto your skin is a guide for the technician.
The colour will develop gradually over a period of 6-8 hours. You will then shower and the guide colour will wash off and you will be left with flawless, natural looking golden tan.
Is Spray Tanning Safe?
All our ingredients in the products we use are completely natural. The DHA is extracted from natural sugar cane and is recommended by the American FDA for safe tanning. If you are pregnant or concerned about skin allergies we would recommend that you check with your GP before having your spray tan.
How Long Will My Spray Tan Last?
The length of your tan varies from person to person but generally a tan will last between 5 – 10 days. We recommend that you prepare your skin properly before the tan using oil free products and to moisturise daily after the treatment. A sunless tan will fade gradually, just like a real tan, as the top layer of your skin sheds its dead skin cells.
What Will Happen During My Spray Tan Treatment at Country Perfection Beauty Salon in East Garston?
Your tan technician will offer you a patch test to check your skin for allergies or sensitivities, followed by a consultation. You will be asked to undress, be offered disposable underwear and asked to remove any jewellery.
Your spray tanning technician will apply a barrier cream to areas that you do not want the tan to touch, such as finger and toe nails. You will then be asked to stand in a tanning cubicle while a gentle stream of tanning lotion is carefully sprayed over your face and body.
Do I Have to Remove All My Clothes For a Spray Tan?
This is entirely up to you, we want you to be as comfortable as possible. We can provide disposable underwear or you can go topless or, alternatively, you can wear dark shorts or even swimwear. The spray tan treatment dries quickly, so you wont be standing around for a long time before you can dress
What Shade Will My Spray Tan Be, I Don’t Want To Be Orange!
There’ll be no David Dickinson here, thank you very much! Gone are the days of foul smelling, streaky and bright orange tans! Your Country Perfection tanning expert can talk to you about the shades available, ranging from lightly bronzed to darker tan shades. We offer amazing Spray Tanning services in East Garston, Berkshire, and will ensure that you get an even golden glow!
Book Your Spray Tanning Appointment at Country Perfection Beauty Salon in East Garton, Berkshire
Book your spray tanning treatment with the expert tanning specialists at Country Perfection Beauty Salon in East Garston, Berkshire by calling the salon on 07979 230 843 or 07789 513130. You can also book your appointment via email : Kristi@countryperfection.co.uk